Pat Sloan's Globetrotting Mystery BOM

I am always a little late to the party and I've just started participating in a few BOM for the first time. I've just this past week started working on Pat Sloan's Globetrotting Mystery BOM (http://blog.patsloan.com/2013/12/pat-sloan-globetrotting-new-free-block-of-the-month.html). 

Here is the Washington, DC, block on my design wall. 


I'm really out of my comfort zone on this one. I like a ready-to-buy, all-the-fabric-coordinating-is-done-for-me kind of project because I HATE choosing fabrics. I mean, I ADORE fabric. BUT I'll have this vision in my head of what I want; then when I go to the fabric store, it all falls apart. I get overwhelmed by the choices, can't find what my vision dictates, and leave empty-handed and frustrated - or buy a charm pack or jelly roll and hope it works for something. 

Anyway, for this project, I'm using what I have on hand in the quantity needed, so it will be scrappy-ish. I think it lacks in contrast, but I DON'T CARE! I will work on it because it relaxes me and will love it because the colors are so pretty. 

I like the results I get with hand piecing so much more over machine piecing, not to mention the portability of the project that comes with handwork. Here's one section of the very large DC block all pieced:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooked on House Tours Blog Party

God's Extravagant Provision

Decided