WIN a Christmas Tree Quilt & Support Wounded Warrior Lance Corporal Brian Felber

I work with this young man's father-in-law. He was injured during active duty in Afghanistan, losing both of his legs. His story has brought a lot of perspective to my life. When I want to complain or grumble, I just think about Brian. His life will never be the same in a way that few of us can even comprehend. You can read Brian's story at the links below:

http://timesdaily.com/stories/Local-Marine-injured-in-Afghanistan,183996

http://timesdaily.com/stories/Injured-Florence-soldier-improving,184472

http://timesdaily.com/stories/Injured-soldiers-rehab-going-well,184502

His Facebook page is here and has more information on supporting Brian directly.


I recently started stitching a Christmas Tree wall hanging quilt for myself. I don't like to put up an actual tree, so I thought this was a nice alternative. But once I started stitching it, I knew I needed to donate it to be raffled to raise funds for Brian and his young wife, Ariel.


(this is the quilt top on my design wall before quilting)


About the Quilt: This is machine pieced and hand quilted by me (so it is not perfect :-), made with 100% cotton fabrics and 100% cotton thread. The batting is Warm and Natural. The finished dimensions are approximately 36" x 44". There is a convenient rod pocket sewn to the back, so it's all ready to hang on your wall this holiday season and for years to come.

This would make a lovely addition to your home holiday decorations or would make a very unique gift for that special someone in your life. But most importantly, you will be helping to support a wounded warrior in a very tangible way.

There is a link to the right of this page for you to purchase tickets. They are $5 each or $20 for 5 tickets. Please include your telephone number so you can be contacted if you win. The drawing will be held December 16, 2011, and the quilt will be shipped out that day. Please note that I am not responsible for a damaged or lost item. I will ship it Fed Ex, which has the highest rating for delivering quilts successfully. Oh, and shipping is on me. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooked on House Tours Blog Party

God's Extravagant Provision

Tatted Bookmarks