Trying to Get Back...

...into the swing of things. After a few months of adjusting to working outside the home (after a 2-decade hiatus from that lifestyle), I'm trying to add back some of my old routine. Just trying to take it slowly so I don't get overwhelmed. I was sick last weekend, but this weekend I felt well so I spent some time Saturday morning in the kitchen. I baked a loaf of freshly-milled whole wheat bread, some rolls, and a pizza crust. I made some biscuits to have for breakfast during the week. I made a batch of pancake batter to put in the fridge for use during the week. Pancakes hot off the griddle are so much better tasting than ones reheated in the microwave.

I finally got up the nerve to ask for permission to swap out one 1/2-day Friday each month for a 1/2-day Monday so I can attend my quilt guild meetings. I knew that it would be something I *might* have to give up and I, of course, was willing to do that in order to keep my job. ;-) BUT I really was hoping it would be something I wouldn't have to give up. I asked last week and they said yes!! My guild meeting is today so after I dropped off Michael at work after our workout, I came back home until meeting time.

That's why I have a few minutes to blog, which is something else I want to add back to my routine. I don't know how often I will post, but hopefully it will be more often than once a month or less!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooked on House Tours Blog Party

God's Extravagant Provision

Decided