Adjusting

This past week was my first FULL week of working outside the home. It is definitely the adjustment that I knew it would be. I come home pretty exhausted. I don't feel like doing anything much. Hopefully, my body will adjust soon and I will be able to add some fun stuff back to my schedule.

I like the work environment -- except that we (the transcriptionists) aren't in our normal office space. About 6 weeks ago, the medical offices above our normal office space had a sprinkler malfunction which poured water on our offices. The carpet was changed on Monday this past week and that is all they did to fix the spaces. The area we are in temporarily is off a rather noisy hallway. There is a delivery entrance into the hallway and we are right there with no doors or walls separating us from the hallway. Not the most ideal spot for transcribing audios.

Everyone in the office is really nice. I hope they decide to keep me.

The terminology is getting more familiar every day. I have bought a reference book to read at home and also pulled some little flyers off the shelf at the nurse's station to bring home to read to educate myself on heart disease and treatments. I like to think that I am daily preventing Alzheimer's Disease. :-) I still have lots of improvement to make as far as speed goes. I know that will come as the terminology gets more familiar.

The doctor that I have been transcribing for is the busiest doctor in the practice. As soon as I make a small dent in the backlog of work, she sees that many more patients and the dent is gone!

One of the coolest things is that drug reps often provide lunch for the entire office. It is a nice perk that is rumored to be on the way out because of government regulation of the drug companies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooked on House Tours Blog Party

God's Extravagant Provision

Decided