I'm a Little Rusty

On Thursday, I applied online for a data entry clerk position with Waste Management. The corporate office for this market area called me about an hour later and said they were going to be conducting interviews next week and they would call me.

Well, I got a call on Friday morning from the local office asking if I could come in later that morning to interview.

I have not worked outside of the home for the last 22 years! I feel that I did really horribly in the interview. They seemed concerned that perhaps I am not ready to make the transition from working part-time from home to working full-time outside the home. After I left, I wondered about that. Like the rest of the time (when I'm not working from home), I'm just sitting around watching soap operas and eating bon-bons. Is that what they think? And why didn't I think to point out the fact that I often work more than eight hours a day even if I'm not getting paid for it??

I tried to be as honest as I could when they asked me about this. I know that it will be an adjustment for our family, but I also know that this is a time in life when I can more easily work outside the home because my girls are both grown.

With the recent reduction in Michael's hours at work, we really need the extra income. The work-at-home stuff is great, but it's not a steady amount. I can quadruple what I make a month if I get this job at Waste Management.

One thing that seemed to be in my favor during the interview is that I can start immediately. That's the only positive thing I can say about the interview. Like I said, I feel that I did pretty badly. Still, I'm so hoping that they call me tomorrow and say, "Can you come in Tuesday? We're starting training." They had recently hired someone for this position, but the person was convinced by her current employer to stay on with them. Waste Management was scheduled to start training on Tuesday. Of course, they expressed doubt that they would be able to go ahead with that schedule. Hopefully, that will be enough to tip the scales in my favor.

I know that I can do well at the job, but I don't know that I convinced them that I can do well at it. I'm REALLY rusty at this!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooked on House Tours Blog Party

God's Extravagant Provision

Decided