Surfin' Saturday: Biscotti


I tried my hand at making biscotti yesterday. It was really pretty easy. I got the recipe from Giada de Laurentiis on Everyday Italian. Here's the link to the recipe. These are delicious with the almonds and lemon zest in them. Two of my favorite things are lemon flavor and almonds!


Here's a little interesting information on biscotti from Wikipedia:

The word "biscotti" in Italian is the plural form of biscotto, which applies to any type of biscuit, and originates from the medieval Latin word biscoctus, meaning "twice-baked": it defined biscuits baked twice in the oven, so they could be stored for long periods of time, which was particularly useful during journeys and wars. Through Middle French, the word was imported into the English language as "biscuit".
If you want to read more of the article, click here.

I already knew it meant "twice-baked" because Giada shared that little tidbit on her show. I like how she shares stuff like that and things like why dishes are made certain ways, why particular ingredients are added, cultural information on Italy. She is my favorite cooking personality. Why? Because when you watch Giada, you know she really loves what's she making. You know she really loves food period!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hooked on House Tours Blog Party

God's Extravagant Provision

Decided